Status Update: Checking the solutions took a little longer than expected so the book is slightly delayed. We expect it to be available by no later than the end of September.
Customers who have used our “LCA Maths” series have asked us to produce a resource for students taking Foundation level Maths for Leaving Cert.
In response to this, we are delighted to announce the publication of “Foundation Maths for Leaving Certificate” by Gráinne Enright. The book will be available at the end of August 2017 at a price of €19 plus postage and can be ordered in advance.
The new Foundation Level book:
• Contains up-to-date content based on recent examination questions.
• Uses a clear and visually attrractive layout, offering the right density of text.
• Caters for every learing outcome on the current syllabus.
• Presents the content in manageable "chunks" via clear explanations, worked examples, “Try it yourself”, “Further practice” and past
• Helps with literacy by summarising key vocabulary at the end of each chapter.
• Provides lots of opportunity to practice, enabling students to improve and gain confidence through repetition.
The attractive but serious cover brings a dignity and respect to the study of Maths at this level. This was particulaly requested by teachers.
“Foundation Maths for Leaving Certificate” is a standalone and complete resource that can be used as a textbook or workbook, according to school policy.
Click below to view:
• The table of contents is here
• An 8 page extract from the chapter, Algebra 1 is here
Please put the book on your booklist for 2017-18 and either fill in this form online or complete and return this Registration Form to register your interest. You can post us the form or photograph it and attach it in an email.
If you have any questions about the book or distribution please click here to contact us.
Gráinne is a qualified maths, physics and technology teacher, and an electrical and electronic engineer.
She taught maths for twelve years in Loreto Balbriggan, and before that in Youthreach. She now teaches maths in the Institute of Education, Leeson Street, and has taught for other grinds schools including her own grinds school, Brighter Minds.
Gráinne has done substitute work in a wide range of schools and education centres, and has worked as a maths teacher inspector for Hibernia College. She also teaches home tuition students. Other relevant experience includes correcting state exam papers, writing mock papers, and consulting for a mock exam paper company.
While at Loreto, Gráinne was an active member of the school numeracy team, which focussed on raising numeracy levels of students in her school.
This is Gráinne's fourth textbook to be published. Her other books are in use in schools all over Ireland.
Gráinne has in interest in active learning and project work in maths. Her students have come first in Ireland, and third in the world, in the International Statistical Literacy Project competition.